Dr Tharageswari S,
M. Phil (Applied Psychology)
PG Diploma in Child & Adolescent Mental Health. Pathways Foundation Kovai. 2020
M.phil Applied Psychology. Periyar University, Salem. 2012
M.Sc Clinical Psychology. Annamalai University,Chidambaram. 2011
Diploma in Yoga. Annamalai University,Chidambaram. 2008
- Currently working as a Psychologist at Pathways Foundation Kovai (NGO) (Fostering emotional well-being among families, children and youth). Coimbatore -from 11th August 2019.
- Worked as a Master trainer at Police wellbeing program organized by Tamilnadu Police Department & NIMHANS( National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences) Coimbatore district- from December 2018 to 2020.
- Worked as a Clinical psychologist under the supervision of Dr.Mony(Psychiatrist) in Balaji Neuro Psychiatric Hospital, Coimbatore - from 23rd March 2015 to 31st October 2016.
- Worked as a Clinical Psychologist in Department of Psychiatry, Saveetha Medical College & Hospital. Lecturer in Saveetha College of Nursing, Saveetha University, Chennai-from 3rd Oct 2012 to 31st Aug 2013.
- “Enhancing Sensory Motor Perceptual Ability in Children with Disability” for a period of one week from NIEPMD in Chennai.
- “Training in mental health” for a period of one month from Athma Institute of Mental Health & Social Science (AIMSS), Trichirapalli, Tamil Nadu.
“Training in Clinical Psychology” for a period of one month from Balaji
Neuro Psychiatric Training Centre, R.S.Puram, Coimbatore.
- Undergone internship program for a period of one month from General Hospital, Ernakulam, Kerala. Guided by experienced Clinical Psychologist and Psychiatrists.
- 13th National Conference on Best Practices in School Psychology” at Pondicherry Organized by the Pondicherry psychology Association.
- "Training of Trainers workshop on Police well being” at NIMHANS, Bengaluru. From 10th to 14th December 2018.
- Workshop on “Current Issues in Practicing Psychology”at Annamalai University.
- "Neuro Linguistic Program Basic Course (NLP)” at Annamalai University.
- Workshop on “Identification & Management of Childhood Disorders” at Annamalai University.
- Workshop on “Neuropsychological Assessment and Rehabilitation” at Annamalai University.
- Workshop on “Awareness and Training for Speech and Language Disabilities” at Annamalai University.
- Workshop on “Counselling Skills” at Annamalai Unniversity.
- Workshop on “Applications of Projective Assessment” at Periyar University.
- Workshop on research methodology and social transformation at Asian Centre for Cross Cultural studies, Chennai.
- Workshop on “Transactional Analysis and Neuro-linguistic programming” at Periyar University.
- National workshop on “Competence Mapping” at Periyar University.
- Presented a paper on “role of cognitive neurosciences in the treatment of mania” in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on applications of cognitive neuroscience across disciplines.
- Presented a paper on “severity of symptoms among pure mania and mixed mania patients: A comparative study” in the UGC sponsored National conference on counseling and mental health.
- Project entitled “severity of symptoms between pure mania and mixed mania: A comparative study” at Post graduation.
- Thesis entitled “Emotion regulation, Self-esteem and Mental health of adolescents with Learning Disabilities and Without Learning Disabilities” at M.Phil.
- Good oratory and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the subject.
- Eminent organizational skills.
- Ability to establish good rapport with students.
- Counseling & therapies (Individual &group).
- Case history taking & Students records management.
- IQ assessment.
- Rating scales administration & Psychometric test administration.
- Demonstrated skills in creating and implementing effective and individualized treatment plans as well as Individualized education programs.
- Experienced with Department of Mental Health standards and paperwork.
- I am very passionate about to help students with Learning Disabilities so that I have attended many workshops & training programs regarding assessment of LD and remedial education.
- During this pandemic period I have done telecounseling to more than 30 police personnel who were affected by Covid-19.
- Member in NSS and participated many camp.
- Interest of reading Tamil poetry.
- Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Dr.N S Mony M.D.,F.I.P.S.
Balaji Neuro Psychiatric centre
1322/1, Thadagam Road, R.S.Puram,
Dr. Porpavai M. D.
Child & adolescent Psychiatrist
Pathways Foundation Kovai
32-B, East Lokamanya street